Wednesday, February 10, 2010

3 Cheers for Bar Trivia!!!

So I am a trivia buff. Most of my friends know that...because they are also trivia buffs. Self-proclaimed geeks, nerds, know-it-alls. We enjoy playing games involving trivia...constantly trying to one-up one another...or teaming together to show off our collective knowledge of little known facts. Which is why we were so thrilled to find King Trivia at a local Chuy's one night after a softball game. Let's just say it gave our inner geeks a place to be truly free...where having the right answer isn't dorky...but will instead win us acclaim and prizes!

Week in and week out...my team would consistently finish top 3 in the trivia contests...often taking home the top prize....a $20 gift certificate Chuy's. We saved those gift certificates for several months...and eventually amassed almost $300 worth...at which point we had a big party when our softball team won our division that season.

But I digress. The point of the story is that I finally have use for these random facts that float around inside my brain. Things like...
  • What WD40 stands for...and how it was invented in the first place
  • What popular actress started modeling at 16, and landed her first movie role in a comedy at the age of 21
  • What a somnambulist is
I have always loved being a closet geek/nerd/dork/dweeb/etc. I read a magazine called Mental Floss. I take IQ tests for the fun of it. I play a daily online Trivial Pursuit game. And now...with bar trivia...I can finally make a little $$ from all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment